Sameera Jayasoma wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 8:03 AM, Samisa Abeysinghe <sam...@wso2.com
> <mailto:sam...@wso2.com>> wrote:
>

>     On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 7:34 PM, Hiranya Jayathilaka
>     <hira...@wso2.com <mailto:hira...@wso2.com>> wrote:
>

>         On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 5:13 PM, Lahiru Gunathilake
>         <lah...@wso2.com <mailto:lah...@wso2.com>> wrote:
>
>             Hi all,
>
>             What is the active branch we need to commit if we are
>             doing changes for the next recent release ? I can see two
>             branches [1] and [2]. People might commit to the old
>             one[2] and if we are going to proceed with 3.0.1 they
>             might have to merge them again to 3.0.1.
>

>         3.0.0 should be off limits for everyone now. I think all the
>         products based on Carbon 3.0.0 has been released. Carbon 3.0.1
>         branch has been created from the 3.0.0 branch. Next platform
>         release will be based on this.
>

>     Why did we create a 3.0.1? Should we not do it from 3.0.0?
>

>     The usual practice is not to branch again for patch releases.
>     Rather we tag.
>

> +1 for releasing Carbon 3.0.1 from the 3.0.0 branch. This is how we
> did all the other Carbon releases.
Are we getting ready for a carbon core 3.0.1 release, meaning a platform
upgrade??

If we are updating just the components, I think we should stick to 3.0.0
and our new branching strategy of versioning inside the components.

BTW: now that we have introduced the branching strategy into core as
well, what is definition of a new platform release over a new version of
a carbon core component??

Thanks,
Ruwan

> Thanks