2010/9/21 shiliangliang126 <shiliangliang...@126.com>

> Hi,
>   I  want to  create  a  feature, which  provides a  say  hello  service,
> using  the  eclipse.  First,I  created   a   plug-in  project  named
>  HelloService.  Then  I  created  a feature project named  hellofeature,
>  initialized  by  the  HelloService  plug-in.
> At  last ,  I  exported  the  hellofeature  as  a  Deployable features (I
>  chosen  the "Generate metadata  repository" option.).
>   I  got  a  folder  which  contains  features folder,  plugins  folder ,
>  artifacts.jar  and  content.jar.
>     Then  I   successfully  installed  the  hellofeature  on  the  WSAS
>  through the Feature Management . But  after  restart  the  WSAS ,the
>  hellofeature could  not  appear on the left  of  the WSAS page .

Where did you get your hellofeature in the WSAS UI initially? Can you send a
screen shot of the UI?

Do you have your bundle inside CARBON_HOME/repository/components/plugins
folder after installing your feature? If so, you can check whether it is
active by using the following steps.

1. Start the server using -DosgiConsole option.
2. Use the command [ss <part of the bundle name>] to check the status of
your bundle.

Thanks,
~Isuru

>   Did  I   create  a  new  feature  correctly?
>

> Thanks!

Isuru Suriarachchi
Technical Lead & Product Manager, WSO2 Web Services Application Server
WSO2 Inc. http://wso2.com
email : is...@wso2.com
blog : http://isurues.wordpress.com/

lean . enterprise . middleware