On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 10:57 PM, Amila Jayasekara <ami...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Amila,
> ApacheDS interfaces were significantly changing from one version to
> another. Therefore we wrapped some of their interface classes with our own
> interface classes so that it minimise the effect on other components when
> upgrading apacheds version from one to another. So apacheds orbit bundle
> consists of these, wrapped interface classes.

why can't you keep this interface wrapping code inside the private packages
of the Apache DS carbon component and expose what ever the proper interfaces
to other bundles?

It simply like why can't you keep this code within Apache DS carbon
component itself.

> I was wondering, what makes you ask this question ?
> Is there anything wrong with this approach ?

Normally we keep orbit bundles to make third party jars as OSGI bundles.

thanks,
Amila.