Hi Paul,

On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 7:37 PM, Hodchenkov, Paul <
paul.hodchen...@oxagile.com> wrote:

> Hi!
> I am using Greg 3.5.1

Currently I workarounded this adding a ping task to esb which retrieves some
> resource from registry by rest every 5min.

We have a similar solution for this issue by adding validation query, but
with G-Reg 3.5.1 there's minor bug with validation Query, We have a patch
for this but it's not publicly available.

If you are going to use G-Reg 3.6.0, you will be able to use a simple
validationQuery(SELECT 1) in registry.xml and user-mgt.xml and keep the
connections live.

Regards
Lahiru

> [...]
>>
>> 83,440,226 milliseconds ago.  The last packet sent successfully to the
>> server was 83,440,226 milliseconds ago. is l
>>
>> onger than the server configured value of 'wait_timeout'. You should
>> consider either expiring and/or testing connec
>>
>> tion validity before use in your application, increasing the server
>> configured values for client timeouts, or using
>>
>> the Connector/J connection property 'autoReconnect=true' to avoid this
>> problem.
>>
>>         at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native
>> Method)
>>
>>         at
>> sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
>>
>>         at
>> sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
>>
>>         at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
>>
>>         at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.handleNewInstance(Util.java:409)
>>

>> To workaround this I have tried to add autoReconnect=true:
>>

>> <dbConfig name="wso2registry">
>>
>>         <url>jdbc:mysql://10.100.64.65:3306/registry?autoReconnect=true
>> </url>
>>
>>         <userName>root</userName>
>>
>>         <password>root</password>
>>
>>         <driverName>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</driverName>
>>
>>         <maxActive>50</maxActive>
>>
>>         <maxWait>60000</maxWait>
>>
>>         <minIdle>5</minIdle>
>>
>> <validationQuery>SELECT 1</validationQuery>
>>
>>     </dbConfig>
>>

>> And it’s work fine when database is restarted : I have ‘User is not
>> authorized to add the resource’ only once and second attempt is successful.
>>  But again, when 20hours passed I can not import nothing to registry using
>> RegistryClientUtils even from 50th attempt:
>>
>> FATAL -  Failed to add the root collection to the coreRegistry.
>>
>> va.lang.NullPointerException
>>
>>     at
>> org.wso2.carbon.registry.core.jdbc.dao.ResourceDAO.getVersion(ResourceDAO.java:224)
>>
>>     at
>> org.wso2.carbon.registry.core.jdbc.dao.ResourceDAO.resourceExists(ResourceDAO.java:166)
>>
>>     at
>> org.wso2.carbon.registry.core.jdbc.dao.ResourceDAO.resourceExists(ResourceDAO.java:183)
>>
>>     at
>> org.wso2.carbon.registry.core.session.UserRegistry.addRootCollection(UserRegistry.java:301)
>>
>>     at
>> org.wso2.carbon.registry.core.session.UserRegistry.init(UserRegistry.java:240)
>>
>>     at
>> org.wso2.carbon.registry.core.session.UserRegistry.<init>(UserRegistry.java:187)
>>
>>     at
>> org.wso2.carbon.registry.core.session.UserRegistry.<init>(UserRegistry.java:122)
>>

>> REST API becomes broken, but it is possible to manipulate with registry
>> from GUI. The only solution which helps is to restart the registry.
>>

>> 1)      Does everyone know how to fix this?
>>
>> 2)      Why c3p0 pool is not used to handle this?

Lahiru Gunathilake
Senior Software Engineer - WSO2 Inc. www.wso2.com

Email:lah...@wso2.com <email%3alah...@wso2.com> Blog: www.lahiru.org