hi,

currently we have a distribution pom in the carbon core. There are
keys/value found in the carbon core artifacts, which gets replaced by
other products
to introduce their own identity.

Due to this reason, there are issues in the carbon core like appearing
"key" as the product name instead of "WSO2 Carbon", etc.
Some of the issues related to this can be find below.
We are thinking of introducing a product pom to carbon core as well.
There we can inject the appropriate values, during a release builds.
May be we can move the product docs and other product related to this
directory structure later.

https://wso2.org/jira/browse/CARBON-3412
https://wso2.org/jira/browse/CARBON-8102

--