Hi,

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 6:10 PM, Hiranya Jayathilaka <hira...@wso2.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> ESB (default settings) should be able to handle this load without any
> issues. What is your proxy configuration? Are you invoking an in-only
> operation in DSS without setting the OUT_ONLY property in ESB?

I've attached the proxy here .. And yeah, I'm using the "OUT_ONLY" property.

Cheers,
Anjana.

> Thanks,
> Hiranya
>
> On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 5:58 PM, Anjana Fernando <anj...@wso2.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I was doing a test with the ESB (3.0.1) and DSS, where an in-only
>> operation was used to add a record to a database. The ESB has a proxy
>> service which simply passes the message to the DSS endpoint. The load
>> test was done with a concurrency of 85 and sending total of 100,000
>> messages. Halfway through, the ESB stopped functioning and printed the
>> following message "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit
>> exceeded", a detailed error message is here [1]. Earlier, I've
>> increased the max open file handle count to 10,000 as instructed by
>> Supun. I need to know, if this too much of a load for ESB to handle
>> with the default settings? .. and do I need to tweak any settings to
>> get a scenario like this to work.
>>
>> [1] http://pastebin.com/2fCb1sHB
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Anjana.
>>
>> --
>> Anjana Fernando
>> Software Engineer
>> WSO2, Inc.; http://wso2.com
>> lean.enterprise.middleware

> Hiranya Jayathilaka
> Senior Software Engineer;
> WSO2 Inc.;  http://wso2.org
> E-mail: hira...@wso2.com;  Mobile: +94 77 633 3491

Anjana Fernando
Software Engineer
WSO2, Inc.; http://wso2.com
lean.enterprise.middleware
<proxy xmlns="http://ws.apache.org/ns/synapse"; name="ESBSampleX" transports="https,http" statistics="disable" trace="disable" startOnLoad="true">
   <target>
      <inSequence>
         <property name="FORCE_SC_ACCEPTED" scope="axis2" value="true" />
         <property name="OUT_ONLY" value="true" />
         <send>
            <endpoint name="endpoint_urn_uuid_489A7B7FBBDCC52D7712081793745412607417182">
               <address uri="http://10.100.1.115:9763/services/DSSample"; />
            </endpoint>
         </send>
         <drop />