Hi Tharindu,

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 10:45 AM, Tharindu Mathew <thari...@wso2.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 10:37 AM, Senaka Fernando <sen...@wso2.com> wrote:
>

>> On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 9:59 PM, Sameera Jayasoma <same...@wso2.com>wrote:
>>
>>> I am in the process of commiting the Axis2, Axiom and Carbon version
>>> changes to Carbon and Stratos trunks. Please don't take commit or take
>>> updates.
>>>
>>> Sorry for the inconvenience caused.  Will update the list once this
>>> modification is completed.
>>>

>> Noted. And, asking again. Do we need to have a parent pom (above core,
>> components, orbit, etc. - I mean above everything), which has the versions
>> of cross cutting concerns such as Axiom, Axis2? Everybody would use that
>> property, and any change means one-place to edit. WDYT?
>>
> +1 for this, we have properties duplicated all over.

No, it is not duplication, its inheritance (re-use). Maven projects inherit
from parent projects.

> But keeping some properties local may facilitate building source if the
> poms are not present in a maven repo.

That's a deployment issue. Even right now, any change in the axis2 version
means you need to build from dependencies downwards. So, if you look
carefully, the proposed model, will only put some order to the mess, and
there is no additional effort.

Thanks,
Senaka.