Real problem is not the time taken for svn up. It's hard to create branches
and manage them due to this. Because svn externs are not directly visible,
there is a great possibility that some of the svn externs in branch were
missed during the branching. The best way to solve this is to use relative
paths when ever possible. There's a issue with svn clients some time back
when there are relative paths in svn externals. AFAIK those issues are not
there in the current svn clients. So as a best practice we should try to use
relative paths when ever possible.

Thanks
Milinda

On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 8:14 PM, Amila Jayasekara <ami...@wso2.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 2:11 PM, Samisa Abeysinghe <sam...@wso2.com>wrote:
>
>> I got the feeling that we have got too many of $subject
>

> Recently we had to add few "svn externs" to incorporate configurations into
> features.  But i am not sure whether we have a better way of resolving this.
>
> Maybe, Sameera can give more feedback on this.
>
> Thanks
> AmilaJ
>

>> Are we sure we have only the must haves?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Samisa...
>>
>> Samisa Abeysinghe
>> VP Engineering
>> WSO2 Inc.
>> http://wso2.com
>> http://wso2.org

Milinda Pathirage
Technical Lead and Product Manager, Business Process Server - WSO2 Inc;
http://wso2.com
Blog: http://blog.mpathirage.com

Lean Enterprise Middleware