Hi Chanaka

On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 7:47 PM, Chanaka Jayasena <chan...@wso2.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 6:07 AM, Afkham Azeez <az...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> This is a great enhancement. Also, will it be possible to somehow
>> highlight the currently selected menu item so that the user knows where he
>> is?
>>
>> This look like a possible job and a good improvement.  I will try to
> implement this and see what I can come up with.

Great. Can we also have collapsible sub-menus. IMO, the long list of menus
can be further reduced if we can collapse at sub-menu level. See [1].

[1] https://wso2.org/jira/browse/CARBON-8528

Thanks,
Senaka.

> thanks,
> Chanaka
>
>  On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 4:26 AM, Chanaka Jayasena <chan...@wso2.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> When we are working on any product console, the work area is only 2/3 of
>>> the entire space. This is when considering a 1024 resolution. I suggest, we
>>> should give users the ability to show and hide the left menu and header
>>> section if they want to. I am not suggesting to entirely hiding them, but to
>>> show a minified version of it.  There are two screen shots attached.
>>>
>>> step1.png
>>> User click on the yellow button if they want to minify left menu.
>>>
>>> step2.png
>>> Left menu and header section is minified. User can see the hidden menu by
>>> clicking on the yellow icon again.
>>> User can mouse over to a menu heading and system will display a popup
>>> menu with all the sub menus under it.
>>>
>>> WDYT?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Chanaka

>> --
>> *Afkham Azeez*
>> Senior Software Architect & Senior Manager; WSO2, Inc.; http://wso2.com,
>> *
>> *
>> *Member; Apache Software Foundation;
>> **http://www.apache.org/*<http://www.apache.org/>
>> *
>> email: **az...@wso2.com* <az...@wso2.com>* cell: +94 77
>> 3320919<tel:+94773320919>
>> blog: **http://blog.afkham.org* <http://blog.afkham.org>*
>> twitter: **http://twitter.com/afkham_azeez*<http://twitter.com/afkham_azeez>
>> *
>> linked-in: **http://lk.linkedin.com/in/afkhamazeez*
>> *
>> *
>> *Lean . Enterprise . Middleware*

*Senaka Fernando*
Product Manager - WSO2 Governance Registry;
Associate Technical Lead; WSO2, Inc.; http://wso2.com*
Member; Apache Software Foundation; http://apache.org

E-mail: senaka AT wso2.com
**P: +1 408 754 7388; ext: 51736*; *M: +94 77 322 1818
Linked-In: http://www.linkedin.com/in/senakafernando

*Lean . Enterprise . Middleware