+1.

The best non-repudiation method for request-response is the WSS1.1 Signature
Confirmation. It would be great to provide a standard way to log these.

Basically this is a the client's signature signed by the server and
returned: i.e.  proof of acceptance of a message. If you want full audit
then you need to do two request-response messages (one in each direction)
with this on and then you get full audit at each end. START does this.
http://freo.me/fT0OIH

Paul

On 1 February 2011 09:07, Amila Suriarachchi <am...@wso2.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 2:03 PM, Selvaratnam Uthaiyashankar <
> shan...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> AFAIK, we don't store the messages due to efficiency. However, if you
>> really need, you can write a custom module to record this information. You
>> can engage the handlers before and after security handlers to capture the
>> secured message and processed message.
>>

> yes that is true. But should this functionality be provided by the carbon
> framework. For an example if a user needs non repudiation they should add
> some parameter and should be able to view the received messages.
>
> thanks,
> Amila.
>

>> Regards,
>> Shankar
>>
>> On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 12:16 PM, Amila Suriarachchi <am...@wso2.com>wrote:
>>
>>> hi,
>>>
>>> I know that Carbon supports WS-Security and that can be used to provide
>>> non repudiation. But is there a way to
>>> store the secured message (message client has send) with the processed
>>> message (after decrypting etc .. ) in order to find
>>> the secured message for a given transaction.
>>>
>>> thanks,
>>> Amila.

>> --
>> S.Uthaiyashankar
>> Senior Architect & Senior Manager
>> WSO2 Inc.
>> http://wso2.com/ - "lean . enterprise . middleware"

Paul Fremantle
CTO and Co-Founder, WSO2
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair, VP, Apache Synapse

Office: +44 844 484 8143
Cell: +44 798 447 4618

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
twitter.com/pzfreo
p...@wso2.com

wso2.com Lean Enterprise Middleware

Disclaimer: This communication may contain privileged or other confidential
information and is intended exclusively for the addressee/s. If you are not
the intended recipient/s, or believe that you may have received this
communication in error, please reply to the sender indicating that fact and
delete the copy you received and in addition, you should not print, copy,
retransmit, disseminate, or otherwise use the information contained in this
communication. Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be timely,
secure, error or virus-free. The sender does not accept liability for any
errors or omissions.