Hi Pradeep.

-----Mensaje original-----
De: carbon-dev-boun...@wso2.org [mailto:carbon-dev-boun...@wso2.org] En nombre
de Pradeep Fernando
Enviado el: sábado, 05 de febrero de 2011 13:07
Para: carbon-dev@wso2.org
Asunto: Re: [Carbon-dev] Problem with BAM 1.2.1 and APP Server 4.0 when make
polling

On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 9:20 PM, Jorge Infante Osorio <jorg...@uci.cu> wrote:
> Hi folks.
>
> De: carbon-dev-boun...@wso2.org [mailto:carbon-dev-boun...@wso2.org]
> En nombre de Isuru Suriarachchi Enviado el: sábado, 05 de febrero de
> 2011 1:06
> Para: carbon-dev@wso2.org
> Asunto: Re: [Carbon-dev] Problem with BAM 1.2.1 and APP Server 4.0
> when make polling
>

> On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 10:49 AM, Tharindu Mathew <thari...@wso2.com> wrote:
> Hi Iósev,
>
> It seems to me that there is a version mismatch in the data publishers
> in the app server.
>
> Yes.. Please use AppServer 3.2.1 with BAM 1.2.1.

hi,

> This means we cannot use BAM 1.2.1 to monitoring AppServer 4.0?? what
> about ESB 3.0.1?
> The problem is in BAM or in AppServer?
> This data publisher, is an admin web services?, can it be change from
> the repo or we need to wait until another AppServer release?

you have enabled polling mode to get the stats in to BAM. In this mode BAM
polls a service in appserver to get the stats.
In the recent appserver release there has been a upgrade to the service
contract. so they do not inter-operate.
I think it is possible to get those two working using eventing mode.
BAM data publisher is responsible for publishing events AFAIK. But Still I
haven't tried it.

That was I thought, a backward compatibility issue. It will be fixed in the
next release of BAM?
To solve this kind of issue Thomas Erl have a very good book with strategies to
promote the backward and forward compatibility in the web services contract
design: "Web Service Contract Design and Versioning for SOA". I recommend it.

Jorge.

--Pradeep