On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 8:35 PM, Asela Pathberiya <as...@wso2.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 7:00 PM, Thilina Buddhika <thili...@wso2.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi Devs,
>>
>> Currently we are setting wso2carbon.jks as the default trust-store in a
>> Carbon instance. This is set during the server startup inside  the
>> CarbonServerManager class.
>>
>> IMO, it should be client-truststore.jks which should be set as the default
>> trust-store in Carbon while treating wso2carbon.jks only as the primary key
>> store. Usually users manage their primary key stores separately from the
>> trust store. But with the current implementation, they have to import some
>> of certificates to the primary key store to get certain scenarios working.
>>

> +1  Then we are not going to ship the CA certificates with wso2carbon.jks ?

Still we need to do this. If a user replaces the default wso2carbon
certificate with a CA signed certificate, he also needs to add the CA
certificate to complete the certificate chain. This step can be omitted in
most of the cases, if we can include the set of default CA certs shipped
with JDK in our key store.

Also on a side note, we should update our key stores with the CA certs
available in JDK 6 which is more up to date.

Thanks,
Thilina