See http://bradjcox.blogspot.com for a link to a paper that may be of
interest to XACML devotees.

The first part of the paper describes an XACML reference implementation. Our
first cut at this ran as a mediator in the ESB and was based on Sun's
interpreter. This was converted to a service in WSAS and is the version
delivered in Dec.

XACML is so horrendous as a language and for debugging that we started work
on a full compiler which is being finished for delivery as I write this.

Why convert a working ESB mediator to a WSAS service? Because I've been
unable to understand from the documentation how all these WSO2 products
relate to each other. My mental model is an ESB is a general purpose
foundation on which specialized products (like WSAS) can be constructed.
This seems not to be the case with WSO2 products, since near as I can tell
the ESB is not part of WSAS. I also tried the "Add Feature" menu to mix and
match features but the result wouldn't even boot. To make any headway at
all, I resorted to relying on nothing other than the ability of WSAS to load
.AAR files.