On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 8:43 PM, Hasini Gunasinghe <has...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Yes, I too did not get above error message from a latest build from trunk
> (from IS or ESB), instead, I only see an unnecessary INFO log as below:
>
> [2011-03-02 10:29:59,072]  INFO
> {org.apache.directory.server.ldap.handlers.LdapRequestHandler} -  ignoring
> the message
> org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.message.UnbindRequestImpl@b8f305e3received
> from null session
>
> I checked in apacheds source code, it is being printed by a following code
> segment:
> if( ldapSession == null )
>         {
>             // in some cases the session is becoming null though the client
> is sending the UnbindRequest
>             // before closing
>             LOG.info( "ignoring the message {} received from null session",
> message  );
>             return;
>         }
>
> Following is what I heard about the possible cause for such a log from
> apacheds-user's list:
> "*If your client disconnect immediately after having sent an
> UnbindRequest, the session will be null, as the disconnection will be
> processed faster than the UnbindRequest.
>
> You can ignore the message, it's an INFO level log*."
>
> I also see this message from apacheds user list. It seems we can ignore the
message. Maybe we can get rid of the annoyance by suppressing the log level
to WARNING, for org.apache.directory.server.ldap.handlers.

Also i am not sure how an unbind request is originating from our LDAP user
manager code (Hope you comment all the places where we close the context).

>  In the user-core code, even though I commented out all the places where
> ldap context is closed, still this log is printed.
> So I could not find a way to get rid of it yet. I will look more into it.
> Please let me know if you have an idea about the cause.
>
> On a side note, when I checked in ESB, I did not see any logs printed by
> ApacheDS component, and may be because it is not included in
> log4j.properties file of ESB. In log4j.properties files of IS and AS(I
> checked only AS additionally), logs from apacheds component are enabled. Is
> there any reason why it is not enabled in ESB?

It seems ESB is using a different log4j.properties file than that is in the
core/distribution/carbon-home/lib/log4j.properties file. AS and IS is using
the log4j.properties file in core/distribution/carbon-home/lib/ and it has
the apacheds specific log properties. Since apacheds is becoming the user
store of ESB also we also need to add properties in
core/distribution/carbon-home/lib/log4j.properties to ESB log4j.properties
(products/esb/modules/distribution/src/main/conf/log4j.properties) file.

Thanks
AmilaJ