You can do this with the WSO2 Application Server.

First you can define the new roles you need to have using User Manager.

Then WSO2 AS can be used to develop your front end as a web application. As
in a normal web application
you can assign roles to control the access to the servelets. Basically you
can use the defined roles in web.xml.

If your back end is implemented as a set of web services then you can use
the role based access control to services with the User Name token. (please
see the security wizard). In future we will add the role based authorization
to operation level as well for any authentication mechanism.

thanks,
Amila.