Hi Azeez,

Please find answers inline.

Thanks
AmilaJ

On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 5:59 PM, Afkham Azeez <az...@wso2.com> wrote:
Can somebody briefly explain what were the changes that were carried out to
Carbon core to make this work? Where these ports can be defined

The apacheds server code is wrapped as an OSGi bundle in
orbit/apacheds component. org.wso2.carbon.ldap.server is the component
which is responsible for managing LDAP server. It starts, stops LDAP
server, in addition it also does partition management. This component
starts before user core in carbon.
The LDAP server specific configurations reside in a file called
embedded-ldap.xml in repository/conf (In <EmbeddedLDAP> configuration
segment). You can change parameters like, ports, connection passwords
in this file. In addition to LDAP server specific configurations, it
also has KDC specific configurations.

,what the following messages mean etc.

Log messages starting with org.apache.directory.server.ldap.LdapServer
are coming from apacheds implementation.
LDAP server needs a schema to construct the initial LDAP tree
structure. The default schema for the LDAP server is located at
repository/data as a zip file (is-default-schema.zip). Thus when we
start server for the first time apacheds component will extract this
zip file and create a schema directory. In addition, when we start
embedded LDAP for the first time it creates a default partition. The
default partition name and other properties are read from the
embedded-ldap.xml configuration file (<DefaultPartition>). The latter
messages you see in the log are relevant to above actions.

How MT ins handled

Hasini: Please explain how MT is handled with embedded-ldap.

etc. Sorry, I wasn't
> following the entire conversation.
> [2011-03-05 07:24:03,001]  INFO
> {org.wso2.carbon.ldap.server.DirectoryActivator} -  Starting directory
> service on port 10389
> [2011-03-05 07:24:03,022]  INFO
> {org.apache.directory.server.ldap.LdapServer} -  Added Extended Request
> Handler: 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.20037
> [2011-03-05 07:24:03,106]  INFO
> {org.apache.directory.server.ldap.LdapServer} -  Added Extended Request
> Handler: 1.3.6.1.4.1.18060.0.1.6
> [2011-03-05 07:24:03,116]  INFO
> {org.apache.directory.server.ldap.LdapServer} -  Successful bind of an LDAP
> Service (10389) is completed.
> [2011-03-05 07:24:03,116]  INFO
> {org.apache.directory.server.ldap.LdapServer} -  Ldap service started.
> [2011-03-05 07:24:03,116]  INFO
> {org.wso2.carbon.apacheds.impl.ApacheLDAPServer} -  LDAP server started.
> [2011-03-05 07:24:03,139]  INFO
> {org.wso2.carbon.apacheds.impl.ApacheDirectoryPartitionManager} -  Partition
> directory -
> /Users/azeez/projects/wso2/org/trunk/carbon/products/appserver/modules/distribution/target/wso2appserver-4.1.0-SNAPSHOT/repository/data/org.wso2.carbon.directory/root
> already exists.
> [2011-03-05 07:24:03,140]  INFO
> {org.wso2.carbon.apacheds.impl.ApacheDirectoryPartitionManager} -
>  Partitionroot created from existing partition directory. <-- Partitionroot
> or Partition Root
> [2011-03-05 07:24:03,211]  INFO
> {org.wso2.carbon.apacheds.impl.ApacheDirectoryPartitionManager} -
>  Partitionroot added to directory service.

Do we have to show all these INFO messages?

We can get rid of some of above log messages, if you think that they
are redundant. We can suppress the INFO messages comming from apacheds
implementation in log4j properties file. Also we can remove some log
messages from the code.