I think we have experienced this behavior before with MSSQL, when using DB
mediators etc. I think it's some issue with the driver. However there is a
workaround. Anjana should be able to provide exact details about the
parameters you need to add.

Thanks,
Hiranya

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 5:52 PM, Hodchenkov, Paul <
paul.hodchen...@oxagile.com> wrote:

>  Hi folks,
>
> I am using MS SQL database for registry. I am trying to figure out why esb
> 3.0.1 does not reconnect successfully to db when MSSQL was restarted.
>
> I had created test resource in registry which is accessible by
> http://localhost:9763/registry/resource/_system/governance/test
>
> The problem is that ESB 3.0.1(governance folder is mounted using JDBC
> model) can access this  resource only after 4-5 attempt after database is
> restarted. However GREG 3.6.0 (using the same MSSQL database at the same
> time) can access this resource successfully from first attempt after
> database restart. It seems that ESB 3.0.1 does not respect validationQuery
> property in registry.xml . As I remember I had the same issue with GREG
> 3.5.1, however in 3.6.0 it was fixed. Does ESB 3.0.1 share the source code
> for embedded registry from GREG 3.5.1 which prevents graceful reconnect? If
> yes, should I switch to ATOM based model at ESB to workaround this(however
> in this case I will have single point of failure)?
>
> Also why user-mgt.xml does not support validationQuery property? I looked
> to sources of JDBCUserStoreManager and it does not use validationQuery
> property.
>

> Best Regards,
> *Paul Hodchenkov*
> Java developer, Oxagile