Hi Ranga,

First of all, Thanks a lot for the great effort you have put in to identify
these points.

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 12:40 AM, Ranga Siriwardena <ra...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Harshana,
>

> On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 11:02 PM, Harshana Martin <harsh...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi Azeez and All,
> >
> > On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 8:59 PM, Afkham Azeez <az...@wso2.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Nuwan, Harshana,
> >> Please try to fix this ASAP. It is holding back the entire team.
> >
> > When we don't have incremental build integrated, dashboard builds fine.
> When
> > we have incremental build in place it has this problem. (I just tested
> with
> > and without it).
> > When we have incremental build plugin in there, it complaints about
> > "null:org.wso2.carbon.dashboard.common:bundle:null". But after commenting
> > out the "org.wso2.carbon.dashboard.common" from the dependencies section,
> it
> > builds fine with incremental build. Here the thing is
> > same org.wso2.carbon.dashboard.common bundle is declared as a dependency
> and
> > included as in the bundles section as well ( see below)
> > <dependency>
> >    <groupId>org.wso2.carbon</groupId>
> >    <artifactId>org.wso2.carbon.dashboard.common</artifactId>
> >    <version>3.2.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
> > </dependency>
> > and
> > <bundleDef>org.wso2.carbon:org.wso2.carbon.dashboard.common</bundleDef>.
> > When i commented the dependency section it builds fine with
> > Incremental-Build. So how should we tackle this?
>
> Yes, As you mentioned if we comment those problem making dependencies,
> features can be build successfully. And the interesting thing is even
> without having those as dependencies builder adding those dependencies in to
> the feature bundles.

Yes. This is because we have included them as bundlesDefs for Carbon p2
plugin. So this goes to one my original questions. Do we need a separate
Dependencies section for bundleDefs?

> For example, even if you commented above "org.wso2.carbon.dashboard.common"
> dependency, the output feature bundle including it as a plugin.
>
> And the other important point is we can solve the issue by using exact
> version instead of a property value inside related components as discussed
> by AmilaM.
>
> For example, with "org.wso2.carbon.dashboard.common"  component we use a
> property value like bellow when defining parent.
>    <parent>
>
>        <groupId>org.wso2.carbon</groupId>
>         <artifactId>dashboard</artifactId>
>        <version>*${wso2carbon.version.dashboard}*</version>
>    </parent>
>
> So instead of this property value we can exact version like bellow.
>    <parent>
>
>        <groupId>org.wso2.carbon</groupId>
>         <artifactId>carbon-components</artifactId>
>
>        <version>*3.2.0-SNAPSHOT*</version>
>    </parent>
>
> So this will solve the problem in features and we don't need to comment
> dependencies here. Honestly I couldn't identify the exact reason for this :)
>
> It looks we have two possible solutions and we have to identify the proper
> solution for this problem if we are going with the plugin.

+1. Let's have a chat tomorrow

Thanks and Regards,
Harshana