On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 10:30 AM, Chanaka Jayasena <chan...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Anjana,
>
> Thank you for your suggestion. I change the toggle button from the initial
> one to this one base on some offline discussions. The concept is taken from
> the IntelliJ IDEA UI. The strip is only taking 20px on the horizontal space.
> Also as in the IDEA UI, we have the option of adding more items in this
> strip. But I also think this text "Menu" is misleading. Any suggestions?

Yeah, that was my suggestion I guess. This allows for extensibility. Also,
the left side options are Menu items. We have been calling this the left
Menu for sometime. We could make this bar a bit thinner, perhaps. Just
having a button without such a bar was ugly, and that button looked out of
place.

> thanks,
> Chanaka
>
> On Sun, May 8, 2011 at 8:43 PM, Anjana Fernando <anj...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Small suggestion, the show/hide menu option we've on the web console,
>> isn't it like taking too much of the real-estate of the UI, there's a full
>> strip which takes about 50px width. Can't we put a small <,> button in the
>> side, where the arrow changes according to the state (I think there was
>> something similar before and was removed). And also, it sort of gives a
>> wrong impression, since it's named "Menu", that you get a menu when you
>> click it.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Anjana.
>> --