Hi,

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 9:36 AM, Dimuthu Leelarathne <dimut...@wso2.com>wrote:

> Hi
>
> On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 5:35 PM, Amila Suriarachchi <am...@wso2.com>wrote:
>

>> without making assumptions please try yourself with a clean build. In the
>> registry permissions section I can only see the admin role (not the
>> adminRole I set)
>>

> Sorry about this. Created an L1 issue for this. We'll fix it soon.
>
> https://wso2.org/jira/browse/CARBON-10045

I had a look into this issue. This is an issue related to a behavior of
default user - which is embedded-ldap, and it is not an issue of user-core.

I have added a comment to the issue. Let me explain it here as well.

When starting embedded-ldap, a default partition (dc=wso2,dc=org) is created
with an admin user and admin role according to the names provided in
embedded-ldap.xml which is in repository/conf.

The default values given there, are : admin user name= admin, admin role
name= admin.

And this is why you see a role named : admin even after changing the admin
role name in user-mgt.xml. If you change the admin role name in both
user-mgt.xml and embedded-ldap.xml, this issue will not occur.

But I know it is not a good idea to change the same configuration in two
files. So IMO, we need to override admin-role mentioned in embedded-ldap.xml
by the one mentioned in user-mgt.xml.

In order to do that, we need to get realm configuration from realm service.
But user core is not started at the time ldap-server component is started.
Therefore we need to separately read user-mgt.xml in ldap-server component
when creating admin role at ldap server start up.

Please let me know whether there is a better way to fix this issue of having
to set admin role name in two config files..

Thanks,
Hasini.