Sameera Jayasoma-2 wrote:

> [1]
> https://svn.wso2.org/repos/wso2/branches/carbon/3.2.0/core/component-manager/org.wso2.carbon.component.mgt.ui/3.2.0/src/main/resources/web/component-mgt/index.jsp

Hi,

I already used the stylesheets like described in the link. When I included
the reference in the body, my layout was destroyed, so I thought that was my
problem. It turned out that the definitions in my css file were colliding
with the ones from the carbon css. After adapting the file, the layout looks
fine now and my problem is solved.

I still think this is no valid HTML. Searching the web for "stylesheets in
body", I always get answers like "Its not valid but it works". As all the
components developed at WSO2 seem to use that approach, I'm fine with doing
the same.

My suggestion would be to extend the component.xml to support stylesheet
definitions in the future, like:

<component>
  <menus>...</menus>
  <styles>
    stylesheet-defs.
  </styles>
</component>

These stylesheets could then be included in the header.

Anyway, my problem is solved, so I leave it there.