Hi Samisa, Sumedha,

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 11:30 AM, Samisa Abeysinghe <sam...@wso2.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 7:27 AM, Sumedha Rubasinghe <sume...@wso2.com>wrote:
>

>> On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 6:59 AM, Samisa Abeysinghe <sam...@wso2.com>wrote:
>>
>>> $subject?
>>>
>>> Can I use only HTTP style calls without SOAP with the same API?
>>>

>> Nope. We haven't enabled REST for the same services exposed by WS API.
>>  However, SOAP HTTP Bindings should work by default.
>>

> Can we get HTTP style calls working with the same API - how much work does
> that involve?

This is a WebService, if REST works for any other WebService deployed in
Axis2, this is no different. IMO, we do not require any further work to get
this to work over HTTP/REST.

> Basically the question is along the lines of how easy I could write a
> non-Java based client for the same API.
>
> As I understand, even to use WS API, with something like a .NET client, we
> need to enable WS-Sec. https://wso2.org/jira/browse/CARBON-10934

The JKS is required in order to obtain the cookie to make subsequent HTTPS
calls. AFAIU, the Carbon Authenticators should be able to work with
WS-Security if we are do this.

Further, I recall an older discussion where Tharindu, and Chintana
participated in getting WS API to work against a .NET client. I'm not sure
whether they used a policy or just invoked the service.

Thanks,
Senaka.

>> When Registry work started, we used to support REST style of invocation
>> for all Registry operations. But this aspect hasn't been tested (Krishantha
>> did some work) or developed for a long time.
>>
>> /sumedha
>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Samisa...
>>>
>>> Samisa Abeysinghe
>>> VP Engineering
>>> WSO2 Inc.
>>> http://wso2.com
>>> http://wso2.org

>> Thanks,
> Samisa...
>
> Samisa Abeysinghe
> VP Engineering
> WSO2 Inc.
> http://wso2.com
> http://wso2.org

*Senaka Fernando*
Product Manager - WSO2 Governance Registry;
Associate Technical Lead; WSO2 Inc.; http://wso2.com*
Member; Apache Software Foundation; http://apache.org

E-mail: senaka AT wso2.com
**P: +1 408 754 7388; ext: 51736*; *M: +94 77 322 1818
Linked-In: http://linkedin.com/in/senakafernando

*Lean . Enterprise . Middleware