I also see this snippet
in
core/org.wso2.carbon.registry.core/3.2.1/src/main/java/org/wso2/carbon/registry/core/utils/RegistryUtils.java.
Are there different?

 CarbonContextHolder currentContext =
CarbonContextHolder.getCurrentCarbonContextHolder();
        currentContext.startTenantFlow();
        try {
            //mycode
        } finally {
            currentContext.endTenantFlow();
        }
    }

On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 2:48 PM, Afkham Azeez <az...@wso2.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 11:50 AM, Amani Soysa <am...@wso2.com> wrote:
>

>> On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 11:18 AM, Kathiravelu Pradeeban <
>> pradee...@wso2.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> $Subject can be found in https://wso2.org/crucible/cru/COMPONENT-51.
>>> Moreover, given below is the steps to set the tenantId for your threads,
>>> such that the logging component will get the tenant id for the respective
>>> component/thread.
>>>
>>> If you are starting a new thread, you have to add this below code
>>> segment, for the specific thread, to start the tenant flow, and finally end
>>> it.
>>>
>>> Forwarded message from Amani attached below.
>>>

>>> Basically what we need to do is to set the tenant id in that component
>>> specific thread...
>>>
>>> So you need to create a class extending
>>> AbstractAxis2ConfigurationContextObserver (check admin console o event
>>> component) and get the tenant id
>>>   int
>>> tenantId=SuperTenantCarbonContext.getCurrentContext(configurationContext).getTenantId();
>>>
>>> and set the tenant id
>>>
>>> try {
>>>             SuperTenantCarbonContext.startTenantFlow()
>>>
>>> SuperTenantCarbonContext.getCurrentContext().setTenantId(tenantID);
>>>
>>> SuperTenantCarbonContext.getCurrentContext().getTenantDomain(true);
>>>

> The 2 lines above can be replaced with the following line:
>
> SuperTenantCarbonContext.getCurrentContext().setTenantId(tenantID, true);
>

>>>             if (!loadedTenants.contains(tenantDomain.trim())) {
>>>                 eventBroker.initializeTenant();
>>>                 loadedTenants.add(tenantDomain.trim());
>>>             }
>>>
>>>         } catch (Exception e) {
>>>             log.error("Error in setting tenant information", e);
>>>         } finally {
>>>             SuperTenantCarbonContext.endTenantFlow();
>>>         }
>>>
>>> Please go through the attached files to get a clear idea on how exactly u
>>> should do it.
>>>

>> This is not the only way to set the tenantId inside the thread.It depends
>> on the place where you set it ... basically when you create new threads you
>> need to set the tenantId. (you only need following few lines of coding)
>>

>> try {
>>             SuperTenantCarbonContext.startTenantFlow()
>>
>> SuperTenantCarbonContext.getCurrentContext().setTenantId(tenantID);
>>
>> SuperTenantCarbonContext.getCurrentContext().getTenantDomain(true);
>>
>>                //your code
>>

>>         } catch (Exception e) {
>>             log.error("Error in setting tenant information", e);
>>         } finally {
>>             SuperTenantCarbonContext.endTenantFlow();
>>         }
>>

>>> Thank you.
>>> Regards,
>>> Pradeeban.

> [...]