Hi,

On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 2:00 PM, Harshana Martin <harsh...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Isuru,
>
> On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 1:07 PM, Isuru Wimalasundera <isu...@wso2.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I am recieving the following build error while building the registry core
>> in trunk. please look in to this or suggest a way to overcome the issue.
>>
>> [WARNING] POM for
>> 'org.eclipse.osgi:org.eclipse.osgi.services:pom:3.2.0.v20090520-1800:compile'
>> is invalid.
>>
>> Its dependencies (if any) will NOT be available to the current build.
>> [ERROR] ProjectBuildingException error :
>> org.apache.maven.project.InvalidProjectModelException: Not a v4.0.0 POM.
>> for project org.eclipse.osgi:org.eclipse.osgi.services at
>> /home/isuru/.m2/repository/org/eclipse/osgi/org.eclipse.osgi.services/3.2.0.v20090520-1800/org.eclipse.osgi.services-3.2.0.v20090520-1800.pom
>>

> Seems to be a corruption in your local .m2 repo to me rather an issue in
> one of our poms.
>
> It is complaining about a pom in the local .m2 repo not a pom in the carbon
> trunk. I'm trying to build the registry core now.
>
> Can you delete the "3.2.0.v20090520-1800" folder at
> "/home/isuru/.m2/repository/org/eclipse/osgi/org.eclipse.osgi.services" and
> try an online build in the meantime?

I checked this artifact in our Nexus repo and it seems to be corrupted in
our Nexus as well. When I checked the source of the pom, it seems to be
coming java.net maven repository.

I vaguely remember a mail thread in maven-dev@ list saying that java.net is
down and later that day, my local carbon build failed due to invalid/bad
checksums for java.net based artifacts (for woodstock IIRC).

Hence this might be a result of a corrupted java.net maven repository.

I think we should delete the corrupted artifact from our Nexus first and try
building carbon again. Keeping corrupted artifacts in Nexus won't do any
good in any case.

Thanks and Regards,
Harshana