On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 2:01 PM, Sumedha Rubasinghe <sume...@wso2.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 11:45 AM, guclu akkaya <guclu.akk...@ardictech.com
> > wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Currently we are trying to prepare our environment by clustering 3 DSS
>> servers in a clustered manner. For that we want one DSS node to be the
>> group manager and other to be the slaves.
>

> All DSS nodes have the same capability. Hence, there is no in-built concept
> of group manager & slaves.

Group manager is a clustering concept which is supported by the Carbon
framework. In this setup, one DSS instance can be designated as the cluster
manager, and contain the cluster management component. This  instance can be
used for cluster management purposes, in addition to its normal DSS
activities.

An LB is also a special group manager. However, it is not correct to make a
DSS group manager into an LB.

Perhaps what you should be considering is having,
> -LB (load balancer)
> -3 DSS nodes
> -Configuration on G-Reg
>
> But, the most accurate answer depends on what you want to achieve & the
> problem your trying to solve.
>
> /sumedha
>

>> The articles Introduction to
>> WSO2 Carbon Clustering and
>> WSO2 Carbon Cluster Configuration Language were great help. All members
>> all the cluster are using a GREG(wso2 governance registry server) as the
>> common registry point for the resources such as deployed services. For
>> the high availability we also want to add a load balancer in front of
>> our cluster. While reading the articles regarding this matter only ESB
>> product is mentioned as load balancer. Since the articles were at least
>> from one year ago, is other products also supporting load balancing? Is
>> it possible for a group manager DSS node also to take the role of a load
>> balancer for the cluster?
>>
>> Thanks

*Afkham Azeez*
Director of Architecture; WSO2, Inc.; http://wso2.com