On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 9:39 PM, Samisa Abeysinghe <sam...@wso2.com> wrote:

> This should go to trunk. Not 3.2.0 branch. And you can take dependency on
> 3.2.0 stuff if you want.
>
> This is what we have been following for the new components. We felt it was
not right to have dependencies to branch versions. But we will continue in
that manner since this is OK.

> Again, what is the release timeline for 2.0? That will drive a lot on where
> we want to have this component. Note that in terms of Carbon releases, we
> will have one in early November and another in end March.
> So either you have to take 3.2.3 dependency (the early November one) or
> 4.0.0 which is end March one.
>
> I'd like to take the 3.2.3 dependency and push for a RC by early November.
If we decide that this is fit enough to release, we can move to to branch
then(?)

> If we need BAM 2.0 need to go before March, it got to take
> 3.2.3 dependency.
>
> On top of that, you also need to think about the lifetime of the old
> component, Because, this new BAM will have a new BAM component. So we are
> better off keeping hte old component as it is and name this something
> different, like bam2.

+1,
So the reason for pushing on a proper build on branch was because we have
been testing by taking a Carbon server and adding components to drop ins. We
will do the same in trunk.

We'll have the new impl as bam2 in trunk. That way we can do releases on BAM
1.x.x. versions off '$trunk/products/bam' if needed.

If/when, BAM 2 succeeds we can BAM 1.x.x code from trunk.

Hope this is acceptable.

> On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 9:19 PM, Prabath Siriwardena <prab...@wso2.com>wrote:
>
>> When are you planing to release these features..? With which carbon
>> version...?
>>
>> Thanks & regards,
>> -Prabath
>>
>> On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 9:16 PM, Tharindu Mathew <thari...@wso2.com>
>> wrote:
>> > This will not affect the regular build, or the 3.2.3 release. BAM 1.3.3
>> will
>> > be released accordingly.
>> > We will just be using the 3.2.x Carbon versions to get proper BAM 2.0
>> > builds.

>> build
>> new

>> > --