On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 3:47 PM, Samisa Abeysinghe <sam...@wso2.com> wrote:

> I assume that this is possible with a call back plugged in. Any identity
> server folks like to comment?

Yes. This is doable with a custom callback handler implementation.

>From Identity Server 3.2.0 release upwards, it is possible to use a custom
policy which is stored in the registry to secure the STS. When defining this
custom policy, you can include your custom callback handler class in the
rampart config. section. More information about the rampart config options
is available here.

It is not straight forward to invoke the original callback handler, if the
custom handler fails through a configuration. I think you can implement that
logic inside your custom callback  handler class.

Thanks,
Thilina

> On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 9:30 PM, Michael Smith <msm...@cbnco.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there a way to define a custom token validation mechanism when using
>> WSO2 IS as an STS to issue SAMLv2 tokens?
>>
>> I'd like to configure WSO2 to pass UsernameTokens to a custom class for
>> authentication, and if fails, to fall back to the standard UsernameToken
>> processor.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Mike
>>
> Thanks,