Hi,

Yeah, this is done by default by Quartz, and we can disable this by setting
a Java system property or by adding a line to the Quartz configuration file
[1]. By default, we don't ship a quartz configuration, so they use the
default. So I will add an entry to set the Java system property in our
startup scripts for now. Also, what is the server that you ran to get this
message? .. for the moment, it should only come in DSS or in Stratos
Manager, that is since Manager also uses the data services feature. We are
anyway planning on separating the DSS schedule tasks to a separate feature
and removing it from the data services core feature, so others who just
need the data services functionality will not get it.

[1] http://quartz-scheduler.org/documentation/best-practices

Cheers,
Anjana.

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 3:38 PM, Supun Malinga <sup...@wso2.com> wrote:

> hi,
>
> $subject,
> got a log saying,
> [2012-01-12 15:29:16,433]  INFO {org.quartz.utils.UpdateChecker} -  New
> Quartz update(s) found: 2.1.2 [
> http://www.terracotta.org/kit/reflector?kitID=default&pageID=QuartzChangeLog
> ]
>
> guess this is not necessary.