Hi,

I've drafted an OT article. Meanwhile it get published, you can try out the
carbon-template wizard plugin following these instructions:

*1. install and configure mvn in your system. Try running mvn --version at
command prompt to verify.

2. You have to copy following settings to settings.xml in your local maven
repo at,

   - ~/.m2/settings.xml - in Unix systems (Linux, Mac OS X)
   - C:\Users\$USER$\.m2\settings.xml  - Wndows 7 / Vista
   - C:\Document and Settings\$USER$\.m2\settings.xml  -  Windows XP

This is one time process. Once you add these settings to your settings.xml
you don’t have to do it every time you run the plugin. *

<settings xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/SETTINGS/1.0.0";
  xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/SETTINGS/1.0.0
                      http://maven.apache.org/xsd/settings-1.0.0.xsd";>

 <pluginGroups>
    <pluginGroup>org.wso2.carbon</pluginGroup>
 </pluginGroups>
  <profiles>
   <profile>
      <id>carbon plugin</id>
     <activation>
        <activeByDefault>true</activeByDefault>
     </activation>
      <properties>
       <archetypeCatalog>
http://maven.wso2.org/nexus/content/repositories/wso2archtype/archetype-catalog.xml
</archetypeCatalog>
      </properties>
     <repositories>
        <repository>
         <id>carbon-plugin-repo</id>
          <name>carbon nexus Repository</name>
         <url>http://maven.wso2.org/nexus/content/repositories/wso2archtype
</url>
        </repository>
     </repositories>
      <pluginRepositories>
       <pluginRepository>
          <id>carbon-repo</id>
         <name>carbon Nexus Repository</name>
          <url>http://maven.wso2.org/nexus/content/repositories/wso2archtype
</url>
          <snapshots>
           <enabled>true</enabled>
          </snapshots>
       </pluginRepository>
      </pluginRepositories>
   </profile>
  </profiles>
</settings>

3. Once you are done with settings, you are ready to run the
carbon-template wizard maven plugin. You just have to change directory at
the command prompt wherever you want to create the new project and hit
follow command.

mvn org.wso2.carbon:carbon-template:generate -U

Then provide the necessary parameters to create the project. Further
details will be elaborated in the article.

Thanks,
 - Chethiya