WSO2 CEP now comes with two new improvements

1. Hot Bucket deployment

In earlier versions of WSO2 CEP cep-config.xml file is the only mean of
deploying cep buckets via configuration. Here the configurations will be
added only at server start up.
With this improvement now we can deploy cep buckets at run time by dropping
the bucket configuration file to the
CARBON_HOME/repository/deployment/server/cepbuckets.

Here each bucket configuration file can contain configuration of a single
CEP bucket.
This file need to have a .xml extension and follow the cep-config.xsd.

E.g.

<bucket xmlns="http://wso2.org/carbon/cep"; .... >
  .... configuration....
</bucket>

2. Enable custom event objects

Now WSO2 CEP can not only process HashMaps but can also process any POJOs
when sending and receiving events from CEP buckets.
Using POJO facilitates user in writing quarries, specially when working
with Drools.

To configure cep bucket to handle custom POJO objects as events;
1. Create a jar containing the POJOs and add that to the
CARBON_HOME/repository/components/lib
2. Define the class used as the event object at the cep configuration,
according to the cep-config.xsd.

E.g

<bucket  ... >
            <input ... >
                <mapping ...  class="org.wso2.cep.event.Event">
                </mapping>
            </input>
</bucket>

Here the Event class need to be provided only at the input mapping. This is
because since WSO2 CEP will be receiving xml events, we have to define to
what format CEP need to convert the input events, but at the output we do
not define anything as CEP can automatically find-out the events and handle
them.

Regards
Suho

--