The thing is, WSO2 LB handles multiple domains. So, when a request such as
http://foo.com/services/XXX comes in, it has to find out where to dispatch
it to. For example, how do we know whether this request has to be forwarded
to the AS or ESB if such a request comes in, and the LB is fronting bothe
the AS & ESB?

There is more to this. The URLs in our components are calculated using the
HostName field in the carbon.xml. Those also have to change depending on
the context. For example, foo.com tenant will want to see its WSDL URLs as
http://foo.com/services/XXX?wsdl not
http://appserver.stratoslive.wso2.com/services/t/XXX?wsdl. In addition to
URL displaying, there are many other areas which may need to be changed to
handle such custom domains. This affects the whole platform. It is not a
simple URL mapping problem.

--
*Afkham Azeez*
Director of Architecture; WSO2, Inc.; http://wso2.com