HI

On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 10:19 PM, Senaka Fernando <sen...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Sumedha, Pradeeban,
>
> Well it looks much more structured, but it does not address the concern
> from Pradeeban. With this structure, someone cannot in anyway do a single
> checkout of the whole thing. But in anyway, that should never be a
> requirement to anyone in the future. The reason to need to checkout the
> whole of carbon is totally because carbon, components and everything
> related was always treated as a single chunk and this is an approach to
> cleanly separate those concerns. Someone working on component Y will use or
> extend the kernel, and should be able to live in total independence. But
> there can be situations that a bug in the kernel limits you from doing
> something. That would be similar to any other bug in Axis2.

+1, this is correct and IMO, this is what Sameera had suggested in his
mail. We have three top level projects; kernal, orbit and platform, each
has a separate parent pom, and each has a separate trunk and a branch, so
someone who is working on a platform component can checkout the platform
stuff, and work on it. he doesn't need to checkout the kernel. Same goes to
the kernal.

IMO, this structure is clean so +1, I also feel grouping all three of these
projects as Carbon also correct coz all three of these projects
are maintained  as segments of WSO2 Carbon.

> From a developer's perspective, while its important that we spend time and
> get things done right, I'd like to to see us agreeing on something
> soon, since every move means a new checkout and a new build, which seems to
> be taking an age to get through with nasty issues like the missing Jarvana
> repository.

+1, true lets finalize on one thing and do a restructure, else it causes
alot of valuable time. It took at least two days to get the stuff build
correctly after the restructure happened last weekend.

Regards,
/Nuwan

> Thanks,
> Senaka.
> On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 9:18 PM, Afkham Azeez <az...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> No graphite. There never was :-)
>>
>> --
>> Afkham Azeez
>> Sent from my phone
>> On Feb 18, 2012 7:11 PM, "Sumedha Rubasinghe" <sume...@wso2.com> wrote:
>>
>>> +1. This looks much more structured. Also addresses the concern
>>> mentioned by Pradeepan above.
>>> The term graphite will no longer be used with this structure?
>>> /sumedha

>>> --
>>> /sumedha
>>> +94 773017743

> *Senaka Fernando*
> Product Manager - WSO2 Governance Registry;
> Associate Technical Lead; WSO2 Inc.; http://wso2.com*
> Member; Apache Software Foundation; http://apache.org
>
> E-mail: senaka AT wso2.com
> **P: +1 408 754 7388; ext: 51736*; *M: +94 77 322 1818
> Linked-In: http://linkedin.com/in/senakafernando
>
> *
> Lean . Enterprise . Middleware

*Thanks & Regards,