At that time, we had to bring in a lot of stuff into Carbon core since they
could not be made into true components due to the partial webapp, partial
OSGi architecture. Now with a clean OSGi based architecture, we can move
most of these things into separate bundles.

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 12:09 PM, Charith Wickramarachchi
<char...@wso2.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 10:38 AM, Sameera Jayasoma <same...@wso2.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi Devs,
>>
>> There is a Cassandra log4j appender in Carbon.Utils bundle[1]. Due to
>> this logger, following  dependencies has been added to the Carbon kernel.
>>
>> Cassandra
>> Hectore-core
>> libthrift.
>>
>> IMHO, these are unnecessary dependencies to Carbon kernel. We need to
>> move this Cassandra appender to  the components level.
>>

>  +1
>
> I think *Atomikos is another example. I have raised this at the time we
> are introducing this feature (See mail thread "*Adding a Transaction
> Manager to Carbon @architecure*"). *
> *
> *
> *But then again that *discussion* was  *concluded* saying we are going to
> use it in carbon core. Are we using it now ? Or is there any plans to use
> this in near future ? If not we should remove that since this even violated
> the carbon concept in since Transactions is not a core and *required* feature
> most of the time in our problem domain. *
> *
> *
> *thanks,*
> *Charith *
>

>>  There are some other cases where we can get rid of unnecessary
>> dependencies from Carbon kernel, These are initial steps towards minimizing
>> Carbon kenel.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Sameera.
>>
>> [1]
>> https://svn.wso2.org/repos/wso2/trunk/carbon/core/org.wso2.carbon.utils/pom.xml
>>
>> --
>> Sameera Jayasoma
>> Technical Lead and Product Manager, WSO2 Carbon
>>
>> WSO2, Inc. (http://wso2.com)
>> email: same...@wso2.com
>> blog: http://tech.jayasoma.org
>>
>> Lean . Enterprise . Middleware