Hi all,

The ntask component, done by Anjana, is very useful to schedule any type of
task based on Quartz. I got G-Reg to use this, and (except for exception
handling which is totally not useful, :-)..) it is great. But, DSS which is
the only other product apart from the next release of G-Reg which uses
ntask has its own UI. G-Reg and any other product starting to use ntask
would love to have a UI to manage it, and a UI-per product is definitely of
least use. The proposal I'm making here is to drop the existing DSS task
scheduling UI and design a new one based on ntask, that is generic such
that more than one product can make use of it.

But, there is a slight catch here because task scheduling can have a
different meaning from product to product. In DSS the use-case is DSS
invocation. In G-Reg some usecases are report generation and
change/lifecycle management. So, a proposal from Isabelle was to create a
generic task thing and link the context sensitive scheduling interfaces
(i.e. the Reporting UI that we are planning for G-Reg) with that.

Your feedback is most appreciated.

Thanks,
Senaka.

--
*Senaka Fernando*
Product Manager - WSO2 Governance Registry;

E-mail: senaka AT wso2.com
**P: +1 408 754 7388; ext: 51736*; *M: +94 77 322 1818
Linked-In: http://linkedin.com/in/senakafernando

*Lean . Enterprise . Middleware