On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 5:10 PM, Samisa Abeysinghe <sam...@wso2.com> wrote:

> A week has gone by after the svn migration and still the platform and
> product builds in Bamboo are badly breaking.
>
> We cannot really release Carbon kernel end of March with builds failing at
> this rate, end of Feb.
>
> This got to be fixed. Now!

+1. The platform and product build was broken over the last week.  But I
could build Carbon Kenel, Platform successfully last Friday. And also I
could build all the product without the integration tests. Yes. That means
build is still broken. We will update this list on the progress of the
builds  by EOD Tomorrow.

On a side note. Most ( I said most, because there were some failures due to
developer mistakes) of these build brakes happens because of the following
two changes.

1) SVN Restructuring.
2) Tomcat Ossification changes.

I guess, build brakes due to former are all fixed by now. But latter is a
platform-wide change. We basically changes carbon up side down IMHO. This
change affected the following areas.

* Carbon server initialization
   - Carbon is no longer a Webapp. I.e, Carbon does not run inside an
embedded tomcat instance.
   - Carbon is pure OSGi runtime and Tomcat is a bundle in this runtime.
* The way we create and start Tomcat Connectors.
   - Hence the port offset mechanism was broken.
* Graceful restart.
* There are lots of changes when it comes to class loading patterns.
* Most of the jars in CARBON_HOME/lib have be moved to the plugins dir as
bundles. We've added some new orbit bundles.

We had a review of this last Thursday. All of the above tasks were
completed, except the port offset issue. Pradeep was looking into it.

Now most of the issues we are facing is at the integration test layer.
Because of these changes, we had to update the components, products builds
and integration tests.

Anyway we should have completed this task last Friday.  As I said earlier,
we will update this thread with the progress of the builds.

Thanks,
Sameera.

> Thanks,
> Samisa...
>
> Samisa Abeysinghe
> VP Engineering
> WSO2 Inc.
> http://wso2.com
> http://wso2.org

Sameera Jayasoma
Technical Lead and Product Manager, WSO2 Carbon

WSO2, Inc. (http://wso2.com)
email: same...@wso2.com
blog: http://tech.jayasoma.org

Lean . Enterprise . Middleware