Ok found the issue. In tomcat WebappLoader class, URL stream handler
factory is registered as follows..

URLStreamHandlerFactory streamHandlerFactory
= DirContextURLStreamHandlerFactory.getInstance();
URL.setURLStreamHandlerFactory(streamHandlerFactory);

Here we can register only one factory
into URL.setURLStreamHandlerFactory and it can't be overridden. Before the
OSGification, this is set first by the WebappLoader and it works fine. But
now, this is first get registered by equinox framework and it can't be
overridden.

So this is something we have to fix from the OSGi level and Pradeep is
looking into this..

Thanks,
~Isuru