Hi All,

As a milestone item for Jaggery M4, I have added the support of directory
based app deployment. this has been done, with some changes to Axis2 Kernal
and Carbon Core. Earlier convention was that when we were registering an
Axis2 deployer that it
is mandatory to specify a corresponding file extension. For instance

<deployer>
<directory>jaggeryapps</directory>
 <extension>war</extension>
<class>org.wso2.carbon.jaggery.deployer.JaggeryDeployer</class>
 </deployer>

With the modifications now the extension element is optional, so now you
can register a deployer like,

<deployer>
<directory>jaggeryapps</directory>
 <class>org.wso2.carbon.jaggery.deployer.JaggeryDeployer</class>
 </deployer>

Once a deployer is registered like above, any directory inside *jaggeryapps
*will be picked up by the specified deployer. So if you need both archive
based and Dir based deployment, then you will have to register it twice.

The code changes are committed to Axis2 (ASF) branch, trunk and carbon
trunk. and the feature is available to AS and Jaggery by default.

--
*Thanks & Regards,

Nuwan Bandara
Senior Software Engineer