I don't think it is possible to differentiate request parameters as
strings, integers, floats etc. i.e. when we pass something as a request
param from the client side, we don't consider their types.

If I have understand your question properly, what is would be the rationale
behind identifying params in [1] as numbers and [2] as strings?

Thanks & Regards,
Ruchira

[1] http://foo.com/calc?param1=1&param2=2
[2] http://foo.com/search?param1=hello&param2=world