Lopo de Almeida wrote:

Medical Usability: How to Kill Patients Through Bad Design

"A field study identified twenty-two ways that automated hospital systems can result in the wrong medication being dispensed to patients. Most of these flaws are classic usability problems that have been understood for decades.

Usability is often a matter of life or death. In a fighter plane's user interface, for example, taking a second off the time required to operate targeting-and-firing systems offers pilots a dramatic edge in dog-fights."

in http://www.useit.com/alertbox/20050411.html

This is related to the other study from JAMA already mentioned but now from the point of view of usability.

I think this is a very important text to take in consideration on Care2x development.

1,

Lopo

yes but we must never believe the computer practices medicine. systems are often scape goated for people not doing their jobs double checking, and assessing the patient. Even if it is the right drug the patients condition might change as such it is the humans responsibility to adjust for the change in condition not the computer.
begin:vcard
fn:Matthew  Lottinger
n:Lottinger;Matthew
adr;dom:;;1001 S. Broad ;New Orleans;LA;70125
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:President
tel;work:504-827-3624
version:2.1