Hi,

About pdf generation it is worth to consider the Zend_Pdf [1] component
in the Zend Framework [2]. ZF is still quite young, at the moment there
is only preview versions - latest version 0.1.3, but it is for sure that
this framework will become defacto standard in the future and the
support for it will last for many years ahead.

It is important to note that ZF runs on PHP 5 and not on earlier
versions of PHP. Maybe this is one more reason to upgrade the code base
of Care2x.

[1] http://framework.zend.com/manual/en/zend.pdf.html
[2] http://framework.zend.com/

Greetings