> Another option is Java WebStart for integration of destop viewers.
> Kurt
> promised to give me a tutorial.

hello ... sorry for the delay, but there are too many thing going on
in parallel on my side. However, a good start is always the official
sun tutorial .. there are many examples:
http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/javaws/
developersguide/contents.html

The question with webstart is not so much how to start the
application, that is pretty clear, but how to integrate an external
applicaiton into the authentication/permission scheme of care2x ...

I will be looking a bit into open-source PACS for integration with
web applications ... maybe that could be a solution. Will keep you
posted if there is some progeress. Or maybe other people on this list
have already done such a thing?

best greetings
Kurt

> Greetings
> Kaloyan
>
> On Wed, 2006-09-06 at 23:23 +0000, joaquin iglesias wrote:
>> Hi Kaloyan
>>
>> I have just try 2.2.1 and here is my first impression ; Although i
>> havent
>> try to configure Java as i did with 0.54 , Nagoya's v 1.0 seems to
>> be as
>> unstable as 0.54 , i mean that it hangs the whole browser when
>> trying to
>> view an image for the first time.
>> The download exploit is working and seems to me as a very good
>> partial
>> solution meanwhile you can figure it out how to pack another
>> viewer that
>> works safely or use an applet as Oliver comment. Likewise its a
>> good idea to
>> leave the download exploit when you find another suitable viewer.
>> I will try to play a little with the Java config files and let you
>> know.
>>
>> Greetings
>> Joaquin.
>>

>>> From: Oliver Roll <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>> To: care2002-developers@lists.sourceforge.net
>>> Subject: Re: [Care2002-developers] DICOM Module .
>>> Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 12:17:32 +0200
>>> developers>,<mailto:care2002-developers-
>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>>
>>> Hi Kaloyan,
>>>
>>> I'll give the new Nagoya viewer a try as soon as I'll have some
>>> spare
>>> time to do this.
>>> By the way: it is possible to run Pixelmed as an applet, I've done
>>> this before. As soon as I have more time I'll try that again and
>>> give
>>> feedback to you.
>>>
>>> Greetings,
>>> Oliver

>>> -----
>>> Using Tomcat but need to do more? Need to support web services,
>>> security?
>>> Get stuff done quickly with pre-integrated technology to make
>>> your job
>>> easier
>>> Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1 based on Apache
>>> Geronimo
>>> http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?
>>> cmd=lnk&kid=120709&bid=263057&dat=121642

>> ----
>> Using Tomcat but need to do more? Need to support web services,
>> security?
>> Get stuff done quickly with pre-integrated technology to make your
>> job easier
>> Geronimo
>> http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?
>> cmd=lnk&kid=120709&bid=263057&dat=121642

> ---
> security?
> job easier
> Geronimo
> http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?
> cmd=lnk&kid=120709&bid=263057&dat=121642

Kurt Brauchli-Haase
Department of Pathology, University of Basel, Switzerland
++41 61 265 28 28                         http://ipath.ch