Hi Claudio, Elpidio, Daniel and others,

Just took this email to make some ideas about the future. First of all let
say also thanks from my side to Claudi, for the hard work he did. Everyone
who is working on open source knows how much work it is and how much of
positive conditioning is needed to motivate to continue.

It's a fact that in the last years there had been quite interesting requests
on my table asking for care2x and how it can be used. Some tested it, some
are just interested in but most of all just checked it out, modified it and
I lost the contact to them. So I guess they are fine but haven't got any
feedback so far. Let's bring the example from "Healthnet Nepal", there was a
request 2006 from one system programmer there to modify care2x 2.0
HEAD-release to a private clinic in Nepal. Now he is not working at this
company, he moved to an ISP as system admin in Kathmandu/Nepal. His follower
of his old company showed me once the work he did asking for some detail
questions how care2x works. So here I saw that they did really Nepalese
customaries, but not usable for rest of the world. Also some diplomatic
issues of his boss of getting afraid about competition when he will publish
and release it for Nepal. (Latter just a feeling, if everyone in Nepal
reading it, and my interpretation is not true, just feel free to correct it
:-)

So that's just one example that the work we are doing are correct. Most of
all assigned here on SF.NET might could tell similar stories and some of the
developers did once such a job and now still reading the developers list.

I will not say that care2x is lost, but actually Mauri is right. Care2x is
an application for Hospitals what is worldwide used. Everyone having own
requirements what makes the availability of scalable (and also free!)
software so extremely difficult.

So care2x is not stopped. By conception and working on the care3x, we are
really on a right trap and by getting all of these influences, ideas and
concepts worldwide it makes clear what we need: Really flexibility and
techniques used rooted to the soil (Web application - no linked compiled
stuff from c++ or just resource killing java applets). So let's start from
the beginning. A registration module what can be used woldwide, in Europe,
Africa, Asia and all other continents. Then we should use the latest
technologies like MVC to have a good control to add, remove or disable
components and each of it must be individual changeable - and most of the
modules should be able to migrate. Sounds not realistic, but it's just what
we have.. a free care2x used now worldwide but when it's running, there is
seldom a feedback that it is what it is: Just working.

Robert