Hi Frank and Herman,

Yes, the billing module as integrated implementation is just available
in the East African version of care2x. As Tim mentioned, the discussion
what kind of aspect must be covered in a Hospital Information System or
not is difficult. Definitely it must cover the medical recording as well
as some protocoll the results of laboratory - basically all kind of
things what will assign any service or "thing" to an patient in a
specified role. Quite the medical aspect.

To inclucde here to an HIS an fully integrated management of accounting
as well as other aspects of finance (stock, inventory, car park,
maintanance costs) is another view to the work... and quite difficult.
So we want to go for interfaces. One interface what we have now is the
open door now to webERP.

Another open door i concepted as well. The reports. Here we should go
for Business Analysis tools and interface them as well to have - in case
it is needed also for another statistical usages - also data mining and
forecast aspects. Here we have tested Pentaho and it was working fine.

In the main branch of care2x there was this eCommbill. A simple billing
but not integrated in the way as like it is done in the east african
with pricelists and that it will collect automatically all kind of
billable elements from all modules of an paitent and show it on one
page... that is just in the version with the nickanme care2utu. For
those hospitals who always have the need of an front side billing inside
of the hospital.

Robert

Am Freitag, den 03.07.2009, 21:17 +0300 schrieb frank tilugulilwa:
> On Fri, 2009-07-03 at 10:20 -0700, herman syam wrote:
>
> > BTW I can't find billing modules.
> >

> So do I.
>
> I can only see this module when I install care2utu (east African
> version).
>
> -- Frank

MEROTECH IT Engineering

Robert Meggle