Hi Everybody,

Two years ago we needed developers for our project and one idea was to use
remote
developers for certain tasks. We had some funds for that purpose and when I
mailed in this
list I got some replies. That time our hospitals chose onsite developers. For
the webERP
project we got Tim Schoffield in this way and he has since then been supporting
webERP
project in our hospitals (onsite and remotely). The idea has been in my mind
since then. It
might be one solution to the problem Pepito has expressed. It could be also one
way to use
any donations the project might get. I repeat my idea here.

When developer and client do not know each other the trust may be a problem but
solution
could be eBay like system. If the work is publicly offered in this channel it
can be verified in
online demo when it is finnished. The client will pay what was aggreed after it
is done (the
payment amount need not to be public). The reputation of developer and client
are the only
force that will make them follow their oblications. The project can be split in
tasks and if the
tasks are small enough the risk is not too big to developer or client.

This kind of system might attract more developers and also clients to use
Care2x when they
have a better way to get support in their project. I have seen during the years
that we have
worked in our project that it is really difficult to find volunteers, but this
may be the way to
energize the community.

What do you think about this idea?

Mauri Niemi