If you use the Surface Region of Interest Window, set the Operation to "Create
Volume Region of Interest".  Press the "Create Volume from Displayed Region of
Interest Nodes".  Enter the volume size parameters in the dialog that appears
and press the OK button.  Wait.  Save the Segmentation Volume that is created.

John