Dear all,

I have an averaged T1-image and co-registered volumetric atlas of the
macaque brain (which has been digitized by a collaborator) and want to
derive from it a surface-based
atlas. Subsequently, I would like to use this atlas to get a parcellation
of the cortical surface of an individual macaque brain). How should I
approach this problem?

I have extracted the cortical surface from the averaged T1-weigthed scan.
Should I now
just label each cortical vertex by determining to which ROI it belongs? And
what if some vertices fall outside all ROI's? Also, the result does not
look so smooth as existing atlases.

And to parcellate an individual macaque brain, can I register both the
surfaces (that is, the template surface and the individual surface)
spherically?

Thanks a lot,
Rikkert