Hi Donna,
I am using the following setting is the palette file:

 1.00000000 -> _br1
 0.83333333 -> _br2
 0.66666666 -> _br3
 0.50000000 -> _br4
 0.33333333 -> _br5
 0.16666666 -> _br6

The colorbar alwas has 5 steps, not six, and it is the first one that is
missing. I tried extending and shrinking the scale in metric settings, but
did not gain the extra step.
I also tried adding a 0 in the palette file, but that did not change
anything either.

Caspar