Hi there,

I am using CAS 4.1.8 overlay and JAAS module for authentication.   We have
some customized behavior such as adding # of failed login attempts,
auditing, retrieving a mapped (real) user id in database from a
user-provided user id, thus none of the provided authentication providers
works for us.

The limitation of JAAS is that I cannot get it to work with Spring LDAP
library. It seems quite difficult to initialize spring context correctly
within JAAS login module.  Only plain Java LDAP code works.

Is there a way for me to provide my customized authentication
implementation in CAS in a way that is similar as JAAS does but does not
have the limitation of JAAS?

Thanks,
Yan

https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/da33408f-5cd1-4f24-926d-9654308ae8f4%40apereo.org.