Stephen,

This may not be the same error but try this:

Edit src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/cas-servlet.xml

156,157c156
<       p:serviceManagerUrl="${cas.securityContext.serviceProperties.service}"
<       p:timeToDieInSeconds="${st.timeToKillInSeconds}" />
---
>       p:serviceManagerUrl="${cas.securityContext.serviceProperties.service}"
> />
277c276
< </beans>
---
> </beans>
\ No newline at end of file

On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 5:38 PM, Stephen Meier <stephe...@cos.edu> wrote:

> We are using CAS 3.5.2 running on Tomcat 7 and there is one application
> from Ellucian that we are having intermitant trouble with. Once the user
> authenticates to CAS and tries to get into the webapp they get a 500 error.
>
> I then get the following errors in the web application log
>

> org.jasig.cas.client.validation.TicketValidationException:
> org.opensaml.SAMLException: 'service' and 'ticket' parameters are both
> required
>

> and this error on the CAS server
>

> 2016-08-18 13:26:35,653 WARN [org.jasig.cas.util.HttpClient] - Error
> Sending message to url endpoint [https://banweb.cos.edu:443/
> ssomanager/c/SSB].  Error is [Received fatal alert: unexpected_message]
>

> Anyone see this before?

> apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/F799E68E2C9E7D4FBC7F3E1AC3E668
> 720780E35E%40Exchange01.compsv.cos.pri
> <https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/F799E68E2C9E7D4FBC7F3E1AC3E668720780E35E%40Exchange01.compsv.cos.pri?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>

Bob Beer <r-b...@onu.edu>
Ohio Northern University, Information Technology, Ada, OH  45810

https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/CAO8K9dddC1WVFfi%2BHtVwQ7k%3D3swymcoiDQL992LOdS6VVOJS8Q%40mail.gmail.com.