Ok. So here's a full rundown of what I've done so far including config
files and log. Hope that helps.

First of all I've cloned the repository of the CAS war overlay and switched
to branch 5.0. Then I've generated a certificate (thekeystore) and put it
into '/etc/cas/'. When I run cas, https seems to be working fine.
Next I changed the cas.properties to

cas.server.name=https://localhost:8443
> cas.server.prefix=https://localhost:8443/cas

cas.adminPagesSecurity.ip=127\.0\.0\.1
> logging.config=file:/etc/cas/config/log4j2.xml
> # cas.serviceRegistry.config.location: classpath:/services
> cas.authn.accept.users=

### LDAP settings ###
> cas.authn.ldap[0].useSsl=false
> cas.authn.ldap[0].useStartTls=false
>
> cas.authn.ldap[0].ldapUrl=ldap://ldapserver.company.com:389/dc=company,dc=com
> cas.authn.ldap[0].dnFormat=uid=%s,ou=Users,dc=company,dc=com
> cas.authn.ldap[0].baseDn=dc=company,dc=com
> cas.authn.ldap[0].connectTimeout=5000
> cas.authn.ldap[0].principalAttributeId=uid
> cas.authn.ldap[0].principalAttributePassword=
> cas.authn.ldap[0].minPoolSize=3
> cas.authn.ldap[0].maxPoolSize=10
> cas.authn.ldap[0].validateOnCheckout=true
> cas.authn.ldap[0].validatePeriodically=true
> cas.authn.ldap[0].validatePeriod=600
> cas.authn.ldap[0].failFast=true
> cas.authn.ldap[0].idleTime=5000
> cas.authn.ldap[0].prunePeriod=5000
> cas.authn.ldap[0].blockWaitTime=5000

I got assured by our systems department, that these settings should be ok.
I did not touch 'application.yml' or any other file (except the pom.xml,
which I attached alongside the cas.log).

Now, when I run "./build.sh clean package" & "./build.sh run" the server
starts up, but login fails with the message

2016-08-24 07:47:01,453 WARN
> [org.apereo.cas.authentication.PolicyBasedAuthenticationManager] -
> <Authentication has failed. Credentials may be incorrect or CAS cannot find
> authentication handler that supports [sam] of type
> [UsernamePasswordCredential], which suggests a configuration problem.>

If you need anything else, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Am Mittwoch, 24. August 2016 06:00:37 UTC+2 schrieb Misagh Moayyed:

> Without knowing what you have so far, it’s very difficult to say. Either
> you have misplaced the configuration, or you have misdefined the property
> keys.
>
> --
> Misagh
>
> From: Sascha Müller <zasc...@gmail.com> <javascript:>
> Reply: Sascha Müller <zasc...@gmail.com> <javascript:>
> Date: August 23, 2016 at 7:59:31 AM
> To: CAS Community <cas...@apereo.org> <javascript:>
> Subject:  [cas-user] What are the exact steps to configure CAS 5.0.0 RC1
> to use LDAP?
>
> Hey everybody,
>
> I tried to configure LDAP login through CAS 5.0.0 RC1 for more or less 4
> days now.
> As far as I understand the documentation, all I have to do is:
>

>    - add the dependency *cas-server-support-ldap* to my pom.xml and
>    - configure ldap support via cas.properties (like url, baseDn etc.).
>

> But when I try to login, I get the following message on the console:
>
> Cannot find authentication handler that supports [username] of type
>> [UsernamePasswordCredential], which suggests a configuration problem.
>>

> I get the strong feeling I'm missing something really important here...
> https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/51f27ef4-59b9-4b3e-9cf6-e6908bf3d98d%40apereo.org
>
> <https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/51f27ef4-59b9-4b3e-9cf6-e6908bf3d98d%40apereo.org?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>

https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/f628b1e7-6a11-48fa-92f2-143866f3e39f%40apereo.org.

2016-08-24 07:43:24,591 INFO [org.apereo.cas.web.CasWebApplication] - <The
following profiles are active: native>
2016-08-24 07:44:08,138 WARN
[org.apereo.cas.services.InMemoryServiceRegistryDaoImpl] - <Runtime memory is
used as the persistence storage for retrieving and persisting service
definitions. Changes that are made to service definitions during runtime WILL
be LOST upon container restarts.>
2016-08-24 07:44:08,261 INFO
[org.apereo.cas.services.DefaultServicesManagerImpl] - <Loaded 0 services from
InMemoryServiceRegistryDaoImpl.>
2016-08-24 07:44:33,342 INFO
[org.apereo.cas.services.DefaultServicesManagerImpl] - <Loaded 2 services from
InMemoryServiceRegistryDaoImpl.>
2016-08-24 07:45:09,939 INFO
[org.apereo.cas.configuration.CasConfigurationRebinder] - <Reloaded CAS
configuration cas-org.apereo.cas.configuration.CasConfigurationProperties>
2016-08-24 07:45:12,008 WARN
[org.apereo.cas.ticket.registry.DefaultTicketRegistry] - <Runtime memory is
used as the persistence storage for retrieving and managing tickets. Tickets
that are issued during runtime will be LOST upon container restarts. This MAY
impact SSO functionality.>
2016-08-24 07:45:16,603 INFO [org.apereo.cas.web.CasWebApplication] - <Started
CasWebApplication in 131.065 seconds (JVM running for 136.071)>
2016-08-24 07:45:36,027 INFO
[org.apereo.cas.services.DefaultServicesManagerImpl] - <Loaded 2 services from
InMemoryServiceRegistryDaoImpl.>
2016-08-24 07:45:36,054 INFO
[org.apereo.cas.ticket.registry.DefaultTicketRegistryCleaner] - <Beginning
ticket cleanup...>
2016-08-24 07:45:36,056 INFO
[org.apereo.cas.ticket.registry.DefaultTicketRegistryCleaner] - <0 expired
tickets removed.>
2016-08-24 07:45:36,056 INFO
[org.apereo.cas.ticket.registry.DefaultTicketRegistryCleaner] - <Finished
ticket cleanup.>
2016-08-24 07:46:36,028 INFO
[org.apereo.cas.services.DefaultServicesManagerImpl] - <Loaded 2 services from
InMemoryServiceRegistryDaoImpl.>
2016-08-24 07:46:36,060 INFO
[org.apereo.cas.ticket.registry.DefaultTicketRegistryCleaner] - <Beginning
ticket cleanup...>
2016-08-24 07:46:36,061 INFO
[org.apereo.cas.ticket.registry.DefaultTicketRegistryCleaner] - <0 expired
tickets removed.>
2016-08-24 07:46:36,061 INFO
[org.apereo.cas.ticket.registry.DefaultTicketRegistryCleaner] - <Finished
ticket cleanup.>
2016-08-24 07:46:45,734 INFO [org.apereo.cas.web.flow.InitialFlowSetupAction] -
<Setting path for cookies for warn cookie generator to: /cas/ >
2016-08-24 07:46:45,734 INFO [org.apereo.cas.web.flow.InitialFlowSetupAction] -
<Setting path for cookies for warn cookie generator to: /cas/ >
2016-08-24 07:47:01,453 WARN
[org.apereo.cas.authentication.PolicyBasedAuthenticationManager] -
<Authentication has failed. Credentials may be incorrect or CAS cannot find
authentication handler that supports [sam] of type
[UsernamePasswordCredential], which suggests a configuration problem.>
2016-08-24 07:47:01,493 INFO
[org.apereo.inspektr.audit.support.Slf4jLoggingAuditTrailManager] - <Audit
trail record BEGIN
WHO: sam
WHAT: Supplied credentials: [sam]
ACTION: AUTHENTICATION_FAILED
APPLICATION: CAS
WHEN: Wed Aug 24 07:47:01 CEST 2016
CLIENT IP ADDRESS: 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1
SERVER IP ADDRESS: 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1

2016-08-24 07:47:01,493 INFO
[org.apereo.inspektr.audit.support.Slf4jLoggingAuditTrailManager] - <Audit
trail record BEGIN
WHO: sam
WHAT: Supplied credentials: [sam]
ACTION: AUTHENTICATION_FAILED
APPLICATION: CAS
WHEN: Wed Aug 24 07:47:01 CEST 2016
CLIENT IP ADDRESS: 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1
SERVER IP ADDRESS: 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1

2016-08-24 07:47:01,513 ERROR
[org.apereo.cas.web.flow.AuthenticationExceptionHandler] - <Unable to translate
handler errors of the authentication exception
org.apereo.cas.authentication.AuthenticationException: 0 errors, 0 successes.
Returning UNKNOWN by default...>
2016-08-24 07:47:01,513 ERROR
[org.apereo.cas.web.flow.AuthenticationExceptionHandler] - <Unable to translate
handler errors of the authentication exception
org.apereo.cas.authentication.AuthenticationException: 0 errors, 0 successes.
Returning UNKNOWN by default...>
2016-08-24 07:47:36,028 INFO
[org.apereo.cas.services.DefaultServicesManagerImpl] - <Loaded 2 services from
InMemoryServiceRegistryDaoImpl.>
2016-08-24 07:47:36,061 INFO
[org.apereo.cas.ticket.registry.DefaultTicketRegistryCleaner] - <Beginning
ticket cleanup...>
2016-08-24 07:47:36,062 INFO